Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Picture Book Marathon Day Nine/A Cat Has Nine Lives!

Because today was Picture Book Marathon, Day Nine (and the fact that Cats have nine lives), I took a leap and worked on an idea that had been niggling at me but had never amounted to more than an image.  After about an hour and a half, I landed on my feet, with  a completed (albeit rough) draft!

Now my little cat MC is no longer standing out in the rain and cold, all alone -- he has a home on paper!

I am finding the Marathon to be a valuable and productive tool in moving toward my goals and helping me push past points that I might have just stopped at in the past. This process reminds reminds me of a quote that I would like to share:

"You can't wait for inspiration.  You have to go after it with a club."  Jack London

And though I leave you today, knowing that my little cat likely has at least eight more drafts in him before he's finished, at least he has begun to live his life!

Happy Creating!

3 comments:

  1. I love that Quote! I congratulate you and all the participants. One of us is doing this - Kris Kahrs. I have done NaNWrimo four times and I quail before the thought of the PB Challenge....So I guess next year I ought to try it. (Love the cat picture)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to have met you in NYC. We got home to an 18-inch blizzard, so I'm just now digging my mental self out! Good for you for doing the PB marathon. You'll have some great stuff at the end! I'll stick you on my blog roll! Feel free to come see me at www.monkeypatchbooks.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Pen and Ink - I challenge you to run next year, same time, time place! Say Hi to Lupe for me...
    @Kristen - It is SO GREAT to see you here! What fun we had in NYC. Too bad the time flew by so quickly (it's like the Oz -- people come and go so quickly here! LOL). Keep in touch, and I most definitely will check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete